I was at the shopping mall and decided to indulge myself with lunch after the whole shopping spree. There I sat down at a small round table far away from where I could be disturbed. I looked up and there I saw a nice-looking mature man take a few steps towards me and he said to me across the tiny table, ” young lady, can I join you please,” I answered politely ” yes please.”
A few minutes later he said to me, ” you know… today is my fiftieth birthday,” I opened my mouth in amazement because I really don’t quite know how to put, he looked much older than his age, I told him politely with a smirk across my face, ” wow that’s nice- Happy Birthday,”
While we had lunch quietly he stopped and said to me, ” I wish I had more fun when I was a lot younger,” and he went on chatting, “It looks to me now like time passed by while I was put on hold. I’ve decided regardless of all the pressures I’m under, I will henceforth make this year one of celebration and certainty for myself”.
I actually didn’t know how to respond to that, then I told him you don’t have to regret anything because it’s not too late for you to have the fun of your life. I gave him a few TIPS on what to do, he thanked me for the piece I gave him with a grin all over his face, I simply got up and took my leave.
Let me know if you think I’m crazy, if you want to do any of this things with me or if you’ve already done them and have some tips. I’m determined to make each day of my life pretty awesome and making these goals public I believe is a good first step for me to get on the right path.
This brings us to the point where we need to acknowledge that those of us not yet fifty years of age should “live every day as if it were the last” even those that are fifty and above.
Things I would love to do:
- I would love to turn off the internet for a week. I want to know how that would feel like. No twitter, no Facebook, no Instagram, no whats app. I think that sounds nice.
- I would love to travel to Canada, Australia and ancient towns in China.
- I don’t know how my guy would feel if he reads this, the truth is I so much wish I would have a set of triplets.
- I wouldn’t want to be a salary earner for the rest of my workable life.
- Having a date with VIN DIESEL would be a delight for me. I would cherish that forever!
- I have two stories I’ve written, I don’t really know what’s stopping me from publishing them, I would be glad to start by pushing them out there.
- I would love to buy my dad a BRAND NEW JEEP.
These are a statistics of my goals in life, my thoughts and my passions. I’ve put it all out now. Let’s see what happens…