First you need to understand the term “first move”; It can be something as small as a woman simply making an eye contact with a man, giving him a smile, or a simple hello; Opening the doors of communication and signalling to him that she is open to be approached or have a descent conversation. Have you ladies ever contemplated making the first move on a man?
Don’t get me wrong, I still believe that tradition that men should make the first move, when it come s to the courtship process- there are times when a woman need to take the “bull by the horn,” give him a little push in order to set the cycle in motion.
Trust me it fascinates men when the other sex makes a little push. In modern day dating, it has become acceptable for a woman to make that move, so KICK IT ON GIRL. You never know the guy out there dying to meet you or just trying to say a simple hello to you but doesn’t know how to make the move. Open the door for him and allow him to walk through it.
Men sometimes have this flutter in their chest while trying to approach a woman, “Is she with a man?” “will she give me an attitude?” “will she give me a kick?” All this doubts crossing through a man’s mind doesn’t show that they have a low esteem of themselves, it could only be that they are just on the reserved side or they are the shy type, moreover some of them actually don’t like taking no for an answer, it cripples their ego. We all know how men feel about this EGO THING, so don’t even be bothered. That’s just men!!
Life is something that we need to take control of in order to create the situations and outcomes that we want. If you sit on the sidelines and wait for prince charming to come and ask you for a dance, you leave time frame in his hands, topping it all up, he might never make that move.
Everything you’ve always wanted is right outside of your comfort zone. All you need is to step outside of it and begin creating the life you want. It won’t be as bad as you think it would be, even if the guy isn’t attracted to you, chances are he will be respectful to you.
A woman who approaches a man stands out; one can determine a few things about her. Her boldness tells that she’s confident, spontaneous, brave, and thinks outside the box.
Challenge yourself today or tomorrow, that guy you are sure you really like and would love to spend some time with, why not just develop the confidence, give him a sweet smile,but don’t flirt with him just yet, remember men can be judgmental sometimes. Hmm!
A few hints on steps to take in making the FIRST MOVE:
- Work on your confidence level. Don’t be too forward, don’t be intimate with him, that could be dangerous at the onset, keep your emotions intact and far away, most of all avoiding saying ” I love you.”
- Get to know him very well, what his likes and dislikes are, be sure about him but remember don’t flirt with him just yet. If you have concluded that he’s worth your attention, then move on to the next level.
- Which is to let him know you exist by giving him soft sweet smiles once in a while, once you discover that you are at a few distance apart from each other, and he looks at you once in a while, it signifies he probably likes you. Start conversations with him on topics you might have found out he loves to talk about.
- If your conversations are going on smoothly then, let him invite you out, if he doesn’t-You make the move; invite him out!! This is where your confidence and patience level is measured. The least that can happen is for him to turn your offer down, which I doubt would happen.
- Allow the friendship to develop, be natural, let him feel free around you. Avoid getting obsessed with him while waiting!
- Be patient- wait for him to take the final step of asking you to have a relationship with him, while waiting, ensure it’s not for too long.
Whatever happens next, just believe in yourself….