There are times we’ve found ourselves home alone on weekends and sometimes you might even be with your family and yet feel alone, we usually get caught up in our own thoughts and restlessness that at the end of the day we realise that time is far gone and we actually haven’t done anything useful than feel so BORED AND WEAK.
I have friends that out of weekend boredom they decide to go to the office and do some paper work, this isn’t right- being humans we need to learn to have fun, separate time to work from time for a diversion. I’m learning to appreciate the little things in life and enjoy living in the moment more…. Too often when we think about “fun” things, we think of the expensive options like going on vacation, going to the cinema, or going to a restaurant. “HELL NO” It doesn’t have to be that way all the time.
There are endless ways to have fun at home without having to empty your wallets- FEEL FREE FROM BOREDOM
- You can play monopoly, scramble or play cards, all you need do is to invite a few friends over, maybe one or two of them.
- Get some nice books to read, learn to read, it’s educative and helps you to know a lot of things you don’t even know exists.
- Invite a friend or spouse down to watch some movies, get some DVD’S or audio C.D’s to watch and dance, it’s also a form of exercise and makes you happy. You can also do this with your kids and partner, it adds bliss to the union.
- Invite your neighbor down, bake a pie or cake, it’s an opportunity for you to get to know each other better, discuss about the challenges in the neighborhood and what can be done to have a better environment.
- Rearrange your bedroom, library, wardrobe or find anywhere in your house that has been disarranged for so long, it helps create space, livens you up, gives room for creative ideas on what to do with the free space.
- Take a free online class, there are lots of free online classes you could take to improve your skills in a certain area and it can be quite interesting.
- Pack a lunch bag and go to the park with a friend or loved one, show some affection, you could also go with your kids and partner if you are married.
- Visit a free museum or a relatively cheap one, go to the beach, have a walk around the sea side, snap some pictures. Dance at locations on the beach were music is being played.
- Record a video of yourself on something you are very knowledgeable at, could be cooking skills, something creative with the hands, mathematics, could be that you are good in singing, or gifted in different foreign languages, just upload it on you-tube and see how many downloads or followers you get, could lead to something very good for you.
- Go bowling with friends.
- Plant a garden.
- Offer some help within your neighborhood, could be to the elderly one or disabled.
- Pamper yourself with a pedicure, spa, face steam or something like skin care.
- Take a nap, most people don’t get adequate sleep during the week due to work stress, it’s time to turn off your phone, TV, internet and get that rest.
- Search for a blog you might love and read, you can explore my blog if you want to😀 I hope you have fun while at it.
- Go for a swim at a recreation center, it doesn’t cost much to get in.
Hopefully, this list will help provide for a ton of fun money-free weekends.