“Let the rain kiss you.
let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.”
I got a feedback yesterday which I had been waiting on for long. This dampened my mood so much, but I accepted it and refused to let it deter the fun weekend I’ve been longing for.
The Collected Poems of Langston Hughes (Vintage Classics)
Image Source: Pixabay
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Lights will shine down creating paths for me to safety
As I walk down in picking up fallen buds
Power will descend on me strengthening the inner me.
It’s quite unfortunate I have found myself in a place recently where writing and posting has been tough for me, bad internet connection and so called distractions keeps getting in my way….But getting home this weekend once again and seeing the daily post got me thinking….
There should be no hindrances to success, joy and freedom. Take up what is yours, conquer every obstacle in your way and live no room for excuses….eddaz
Have a great weekend lovelies….💞💝
There are times we’ve found ourselves home alone on weekends and sometimes you might even be with your family and yet feel alone, we usually get caught up in our own thoughts and restlessness that at the end of the day we realise that time is far gone and we actually haven’t done anything useful than feel so BORED AND WEAK.
I have friends that out of weekend boredom they decide to go to the office and do some paper work, this isn’t right- being humans we need to learn to have fun, separate time to work from time for a diversion. I’m learning to appreciate the little things in life and enjoy living in the moment more…. Too often when we think about “fun” things, we think of the expensive options like going on vacation, going to the cinema, or going to a restaurant. “HELL NO” It doesn’t have to be that way all the time.
There are endless ways to have fun at home without having to empty your wallets- FEEL FREE FROM BOREDOM
- You can play monopoly, scramble or play cards, all you need do is to invite a few friends over, maybe one or two of them.
- Get some nice books to read, learn to read, it’s educative and helps you to know a lot of things you don’t even know exists.
- Invite a friend or spouse down to watch some movies, get some DVD’S or audio C.D’s to watch and dance, it’s also a form of exercise and makes you happy. You can also do this with your kids and partner, it adds bliss to the union.
- Invite your neighbor down, bake a pie or cake, it’s an opportunity for you to get to know each other better, discuss about the challenges in the neighborhood and what can be done to have a better environment.
- Rearrange your bedroom, library, wardrobe or find anywhere in your house that has been disarranged for so long, it helps create space, livens you up, gives room for creative ideas on what to do with the free space.
- Take a free online class, there are lots of free online classes you could take to improve your skills in a certain area and it can be quite interesting.
- Pack a lunch bag and go to the park with a friend or loved one, show some affection, you could also go with your kids and partner if you are married.
- Visit a free museum or a relatively cheap one, go to the beach, have a walk around the sea side, snap some pictures. Dance at locations on the beach were music is being played.
- Record a video of yourself on something you are very knowledgeable at, could be cooking skills, something creative with the hands, mathematics, could be that you are good in singing, or gifted in different foreign languages, just upload it on you-tube and see how many downloads or followers you get, could lead to something very good for you.
- Go bowling with friends.
- Plant a garden.
- Offer some help within your neighborhood, could be to the elderly one or disabled.
- Pamper yourself with a pedicure, spa, face steam or something like skin care.
- Take a nap, most people don’t get adequate sleep during the week due to work stress, it’s time to turn off your phone, TV, internet and get that rest.
- Search for a blog you might love and read, you can explore my blog if you want to😀 I hope you have fun while at it.
- Go for a swim at a recreation center, it doesn’t cost much to get in.
Hopefully, this list will help provide for a ton of fun money-free weekends.
It’s Friday so discover the treasures that comes with the day, relax, have fun, love everyone and rejoice.
It’s amazing how Monday can make one’s heartbeat jack very fast like a volcano is on the verge of eruption. Have you ever noticed how the atmosphere feels like on the street on this day? You see people trying to get to their work places with this gloomy look of fear or stress on their faces, I really don’t know the name to give to the expression on some faces…lol…
A lot of people have tremendously failed to see what they can actually make out of Monday…to tell you the fact some have secretly turned it around to make it a day to pull the week off to a successful one for themselves…how? Good question
Majority don’t see the package being delivered to them; unfortunately it’s the beginning of the week, a beautiful day in disguise, one with lots of promises of fortunes to come in the week so that you can rejoice over it during the weekend.
This is what we should do: Relax! Set your self out of the crowd; let’s have a change of mind about Monday..henceforth it should be the best days of our lives not only the weekends which should be days to rest…set out goals on Mondays. What are the things you need to achieve during the week?…lay them down in a map manner; have a Monday Mantra; see the big Monday picture; look out for Monday wholeheartedly; love Mondays like chocolate; make it a tradition to make it your special day that will set out your weekly trend; don’t fail on Monday so that it won’t create a negativity for the days to follow but note if you fall, you will rise back again stronger than before…
I hated Mondays but as soon as I discovered the beauty in the shell, I began to see it in a different light and it has worked out perfectly for me…life comes with challenges but the way we handle them determines how they treat us…
Have a beautifully blessed week..😘😘😘
Weekend is here again, and this is why you should read this post by clicking on this link: RAVISH IN A FUN – FILLED WEEKEND.